The Leray™ Self Balancing Scooter Balance Motion 6.5″ Two Wheel Hoverboard with Certified Safe Battery Pack (Black) has been winning acclaim from all over, so we though we’d complete our very own Leray Hoverboard Review. This is a two-wheeled board which draws electric power from a battery pack, and is fun to ride on any terrain. It looks just like a Segway board without any handlebar. At present, the Leray is one of the most talked about hoverboard models available for riding on our wevsute. The unit has been praised a lot for its easy control, superior construction and attractive appearance. Read the full Leray Hoverboard review and know all about this self balancing scooter before you go ahead and buy it.
Here are other hoverboards to consider aswell:
Leray Hoverboard Review – What features does the Leray Self-Balancing Scooter have?
- It can move forwards and backwards with a lot of ease, with simple balance shifting by users. It can also take 360-degree turns in a smooth manner.
- The board is offered in as many as 4 varied colors, which include white, red, black and blue.
- The scooter has a terrific equilibrium system that comprises of 3 accelerometers and 3 gyro sensors. This makes the Leray highly stable for rides, and even beginners can ride it easily.
- The unit can circle in a smooth manner, and riders can be secure even when they are turning corners. It comes with two-way direct drive and dual-wheel drive mode.
- It has a fast-charging battery, which can be recharged completely in just 2 hours. The unit can offer a peak speed of 6 miles per hour. The LG Lithium 18650 is quite powerful and the fact that it can be charged very quickly makes it good enough for people who cannot wait long enough to go on their next ride.
- Under the hood of the devices lies an advanced motor, which is stable and strong in construction. You can get an optimal 500W output. The motor, other than being robust, has been designed to be energy-saving and noiseless.
- The superior battery technology ensures better control. It has a smart battery management system which can independently regulate the status of operations of each battery cell. This ensures efficient, stable and safe performance.
- The package includes the self-balancing scooter along with user manual and battery charger.
Advantages of the Leray Hoverboard
- The board has been appreciated by many consumers for the ease in riding that it offers. Riders face forwards while riding this scooter, and not in an angled manner unlike in skateboard rides. This makes it more convenient for users to comfortably balance the board. It is especially useful for beginners who are learning how to ride a hoverboard. Many users feel that the ride quality is more enjoyable and convenient than that of a skateboard.
- It is superior in build, and can be maneuvered quite easily. Most consumers report that it is able to last for a long time, and is still operational since the time they purchased it which is encouraging.
- This is a strongly designed board which is able to support up to 220 pounds of weight without any problems in control or showing any languor in pace. Due to this reason, it is ideal for users who are slightly on the heavier side. The excellent balancing system of the unit ensures that even heavier users who are beginners in riding hoverboards can ride this electric scooter with ease, and not have to be afraid of losing their balance while taking turns in sharp corners.
- With the purchase of every model of this hoverboard, customers can get a full warranty from the manufacturer. This helps them to be rest assured about the quality of construction, overall performance and durability of this unit.
- The in-built braking system of the board is able to handle up to 15 ° inclines. It can offer a peak speed of around 6 miles per hour, which can be seen as slow; but this makes it ideal for parents who are always concerned about their kids riding electric scooters at very fast speeds and risking injuries.
- A major advantage of the unit is the fact that it can be charged even when it is operational. This helps it to last much longer than other units which can only be charged when not in use. Although the unit can take you a fair distance on a single charge, the actual distance tends to vary on the basis of various factors such as the weight of the rider, the type of terrain it is being used on etc.
Disadvanatges of the Hoverboard by Leray
The unit has a total weight of around 20 pounds. Some users have criticized this and have reported that the bulk makes it difficult for them to carry the scooter manually.
The unit offers a maximum speed of 6 mph, which is criticized by some users as slow. However, it has to be kept in mind that very fast speeds of electric self balancing scooters has become a big issue in the few months hoverboards have come out – due to kids trying to ride them very fast and performing various maneuvers at the same time. Naturally, slower speed comes as a boon for anxious parents who are always worried about the safety of their kids.
Should I buy the Leray Hoverboard?
All in all, this is a good electric scooter with self balancing technology which does its job well enough. Although its speed is on the lower side, it is quite good for kids and can be used for running errands as well as for commuting to school, college or workplace. This self balancing scooter boasts of 70% regenerative braking efficiency and offers excellent balance with its accelerometers and gyro sensors. If you have been looking for a good hoverboard which is capable for a reasonable price, this is just the unit that you need to go for. It consists of enough features and is powerful in performance to make it worth buying in my view.